Tuesday 5 August 2014

The Last Starfighter (1984)


The Last Starfighter (1984) is a science fiction film directed by Nick Castle and written by Jonathan R. Betuel. A teenager who lives in a trailer park and plays videogames as a distraction is unwittingly recruited to join the elite defence force of the Rylan Star League. It was along with Tron (1982) one of the first films to make extensive use of computer graphics for it's special effects.

DADDY: What did you think of the movie?

LILLY: It was amazing.

DADDY: It's a classic 80s movie.

DADDY: Who was your favourite character?

LILLY: Alex (Lance Guest) because he didn't give up.

DADDY: He is another reluctant hero who comes through in the end. 

LILLY: Yeah.

DADDY: I likedhis alien navigator Grig (Dan O'Herlihy) and Centauri (Robert Preston).

LILLY: They were awesome too.

DADDY: What was your favourite moment?

LILLY: When they had the big space battle because it was fun to watch and I thought they would die because they didn't haave a plan.

DADDY: They were outnumbered but brave. I liked the bit when Grig and Alex showed each other family photos and Grig had hundreds.

LILLY: That was quite funny.

DADDY: Would you recommend it to your friends?

LILLY: Yes because it's awesome and a great movie to watch with family and friends.

DADDY: I think so too..
 
DADDY: How many stars would you give it?

LILLY: I'm giving this one twenty five.

DADDY: The same for me. I was quite good at arcade games when I was a kid but I was never asked to join the Rylan Star League.

LILLY: LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment