Tuesday 7 May 2013

Labyrinth (1986)




Labyrinth (1986) is a fantasy film  directed by the creator of the Muppets Jim Henson with a script written by Terry Jones from a story by Jim Henson and Dennis Lee. An adolescent girl who lives in her own fantasies resents looking after her baby brother and offers him to the goblins 

DADDY: What did you think of the movie? 

LILLY: I thought it was fabulous.

DADDY: It is marvelous isn't it?

LILLY: Why yes.

DADDY: Who was your favourite character?

LILLY: The Goblin King (David Bowie) because I liked his makeup.

DADDY: David Bowie does rather steal the picture doesn't he?

LILLY: I agree.

DADDY: What was your favourite moment?

LILLY: There are so many great moments, I like them all.

DADDY: Yeah it's hard to pick a favourite bit.

DADDY: What do you think the film is about?

LILLY: I think the film is about growing up.

DADDY: Yeah there comes a time when you realize it's not all about you.

LILLY: I agree.

DADDY: Don't worry though it is currently still mostly about you.

LILLY: Lol.

DADDY: I think the film is a bit like The Wizard of Oz or Alice Through the Looking Glass.

LILLY: Why?

DADDY: Because it is also about a young girl escaping the real world to one of fantasy and adventure.

LILLY: I guess so.

DADDY: Would you recommend it to your friends?

LILLY: Yes because they would like it too.

DADDY: How many stars would you give it?

LILLY: Ten.

DADDY: Ten for me too.

                          

No comments:

Post a Comment