Sunday 26 May 2013

The Mummy (1959)



The Mummy (1959) is a Hammer horror film Directed by Terence Fisher with a screenplay by Jimmy Sangster. A team of archaeologists discover the tomb of Egyptian princess Ananka and one by one fall suffer a terrible fate at the hands of the mummy who is doomed to protect her  tomb. 

DADDY: What did you think of the movie? 

LILLY: I thought it was OK.

DADDY: I think I like this movie a bit more than you.

LILLY: Yes.

DADDY: Who was your favourite character?

LILLY: The Mummy (Christopher Lee) because I felt sorry for him.

DADDY: Me too he had sad eyes didn't he?

LILLY: Yeah.

DADDY: What was your favourite moment?

LILLY: When he smashes through the doors.

DADDY: I like that and when he gets shot and impaled and doesn't die. I like the bit when he breaks the Egyptian over his knee the best though. Did you like that?

LILLY: Yes.

DADDY: Would you recommend it to your friends?

LILLY: No because it didn't make sense at the end when the mummy died because I thought he was indestructible.

DADDY: Yes the ending is a bit abrupt.

LILLY: I thought they needed to work on the ancient Egyptian costumes too.

DADDY: You are a harsh critic.

LILLY: No I am not.

DADDY: How many stars would you give it.

LILLY: One and a half.

DADDY: Well I will give it fifteen because I still love this movie even if it doesn't make complete sense!

DADDY: One of favourite actors stars in this called Peter Cushing, he would have been a hundred years old today. Happy Birthday Peter!

LILLY: Geek!

DADDY: I think you might prefer The Curse Of Frankenstein (1957), 
would you like to see that?

LILLY: Why yes.

                          

No comments:

Post a Comment