Tuesday 4 June 2013

Young Frankenstein (1974)


Young Frankenstein (1974) is a horror comedy film directed by Mel Brooks with a screenplay by him and Gene Wilder who also plays Dr. Frederick Frankenstein the great grandson of the original mad scientist. Frederick inherits Victor Frankenstein's  castle and continues his experiments with hilarious results.

DADDY: What did you think of the movie? 

LILLY: I thought it was good.

DADDY: Did you think it was funny?

LILLY: A bit.

DADDY: Who was your favourite character?

LILLY: My favourite was the monster (Peter Boyle) because he just got the wrong brain and had he got the right one he would have been fantastic.

DADDY: The actor who plays him is Raymond's dad in Everybody Loves Raymond.

LILLY: Really?

DADDY: Yeah. I liked Frankenstein in this (Gene Wilder) but I love Igor (Marty Feldman) because he is so funny. I used make you laugh by pretending to be him.

DADDY: What was your favourite moment?

LILLY: Can I pick two.

DADDY: Yes.

LILLY: When Frankenstein's fiance (Madeline Khan) fancies the monster and the dance routine.

DADDY: Putting on the Ritz!. They are my favourite scenes too.

DADDY: Would you recommend it to your friends?

LILLY: No!

DADDY: I think you need to have seen and enjoyed the original Frankenstein movies to enjoy this properly.

LILLY: I agree.

DADDY: Yeah the scene with the blind man when he pours hot soup on him is much funnier if you have seen The Bride of Frankenstein (1935).

LILLY: Giggles.

DADDY: How many lightning bolts would you give it?

LILLY: Nine because it could have been a bit funnier.

DADDY: I'm giving it fifteen because I love it.

DADDY: Did you know they used the original laboratory equipment used in Frankenstein (1931)?

LILLY: No.

DADDY: I would love to have those in my room.


LILLY: As you wish.

                          


No comments:

Post a Comment