Wednesday 9 January 2013

Grease (1978)




Grease (1978) is a musical directed by Randy Kleiser, it was based upon the stage musical by Warren Casey and Jim Jacobs. Set in 1959 It follows the relationship of two young lovers from different sides of the tracks. 
We are reviewing this movie in association with The Ludovico Film Institute.

DADDY: What did you think of the movie? 

LILLY: It was unreal.

DADDY: I thought you would like it.

LILLY: I don't like it, I love it.

DADDY: I thought it was fun and it was the first time I saw it too. Is it your new favourite movie?

LILLY: Yes!

DADDY: Who was your favourite character?

LILLY:  I liked Sandy (Olivia Newton-John) because she is beautiful and a good singer.

DADDY: I liked Danny (John Travolta) because he has got the moves. I've got them too.

LILLY: Lol!

DADDY: What was your favourite moment?

LILLY: My favourite moment is the song "You're the One That I Want."

DADDY: It is catchy but I prefer "Greased Lightnin."

LILLY: I like that one too.

DADDY: Would you recommend this to your friends?

LILLY: Yes because it's a really funny musical.

DADDY: It was adapted from a stage musical.

LILLY: Can I see it?

DADDY: If it ever plays Brisbane you may.

LILLY: I'm giving it thirty five stars because it is my favourite movie ever.

DADDY: OK, I'll give it thirty then as it was better than I had ever imagined it would be.

LILLY: Noooooo!


No comments:

Post a Comment