Tuesday 11 September 2012

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (1968)


Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (1968) is a musical film based upon a novel by Ian Fleming. The script was written by Roald Dahl and Ken Hughs who also directed the film. It features songs by the Sherman brothers.

DADDY: What did you think of the movie?

LILLY: I thought it was great because Chitty Chitty Bang Bang the car can fly.

DADDY: I thought it was wonderful. This was the first film I ever saw in a cinema.

DADDY: Who was your favourite character?

LILLY: I liked Grandpa because he needs to spend less time in the lavatory.

DADDY: I liked him too because he was so funny, I liked how he dressed up to go to the lavatory. I also like Baron Bomburst. 

LILLY: Chop off your head!

DADDY: What was your favourite moment?

LILLY: I liked the bit when Grandpa got stuck in his lavatory.

DADDY: You mean when they captured him?

LILLY: Yes.

DADDY:That's my favourite bit too and I sometimes sing that song.

LILLY: In the bathroom?

DADDY: Yes. Oh the posh posh travelling life for me.
First cabin and captains table regal company!

DADDY: Would you recommend this to your friends?

LILLY: Yes because it isn't scary but it is happy and funny.

LILLY: I'm giving this five stars.

DADDY: Me too it's a classic.

DADDY: I would like a lavatory at the bottom of the garden

LILLY: I would like one too.

DADDY: Did you know that the Sherman brothers also wrote the songs for Mary Poppins (1964)?

LILLY: I thought so.


No comments:

Post a Comment